ArcMap 10.8.1 Sign-In option grey out

Jump to solution
01-11-2021 05:13 PM
Labels (1)
VickyWang
Esri Contributor

I have an issue with ArcMap 10.8.1 connect to Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1. All machines are in the AWS environment with a proxy server settings. 

After setup the portal connection in ArcGIS Administrator. The ArcGIS Connection shows connected but the Sign-In option of ArcCatalog and ArcMap are still greyed out.

Suspect on the issue that the ArcMap cannot verify the Portal's certificate as to connect to Portal via ArcGIS administrator or ArcGIS connection it prompts the security warning about the certificate. 

Use Fiddler on the desktop machine it shows 403 vaulttest.domain.com:8200 (access is forbidden)

Not sure if this will prevent the connection from ArcMap to Portal? 

if so, should every desktop where using ArcMap requires to open 8200 port from each desktop to the vaulttest.domain.com issued certificate server?

Is anyone aware of what 8200 port? does this is using by ArcMap 

~Vicky Wang~
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VickyWang
Esri Contributor

The solution for the gray out due to the certification issue. the corporate certificate generates an issue that does not recognize by the ArcMap. 

Update the Internet Option could be the workaround.

Internet Explorer -> Advanced -> uncheck the "Check for server certificate revocation".

This will not check for all browsers' certificates which is not recommended by organization IT and against the security policy. 

To solve the root cause needs to allow each ArcMap client able to validate the certificate by the root certificate issuer.  

~Vicky Wang~

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VickyWang
Esri Contributor

The solution for the gray out due to the certification issue. the corporate certificate generates an issue that does not recognize by the ArcMap. 

Update the Internet Option could be the workaround.

Internet Explorer -> Advanced -> uncheck the "Check for server certificate revocation".

This will not check for all browsers' certificates which is not recommended by organization IT and against the security policy. 

To solve the root cause needs to allow each ArcMap client able to validate the certificate by the root certificate issuer.  

~Vicky Wang~
JamesMuriithi82
New Contributor

Hi Vicky,

I have the same issue but i have followed you steps above and still the Sign in button is stil greyed out. I am having to access a portal through the local server machine name since I'm internally within the LAN which wont allow me to use the Public URL. am at 10.8.1 for Desktop and Enterprise. Any pointers to how I can resolve this everything works from outside the network.

0 Kudos