ArcMap 10.7

Jump to solution
08-19-2022 10:06 AM
Labels (1)
JamesHaffly
New Contributor

Running ArcMap 10.7

Upfront, I dont use ArcMap that much, use a different product....but I have a client that is using ESRI. 

When I create a Definition Query, does the query update automatically if the data is changed the 

Example is I have polygons with a ID of 101 to 825....I build my query using the ID and build to include all the 8XX in the data.....if say 801 is changed to say 701, will the queries catch that on the fly or do I need to rebuild the query?

Jim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

Yes, the definition query will catch the data changes on the fly. 

If the layer being filtered is an online feature service, you may need to refresh or pan or zoom the map in order to see the data changed on the map. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

Yes, the definition query will catch the data changes on the fly. 

If the layer being filtered is an online feature service, you may need to refresh or pan or zoom the map in order to see the data changed on the map. 

JamesHaffly
New Contributor

Jessie,

Thanks for the confirmation....wasnt sure cause I remember back in the day ESRI wasnt dynamic on that stuff....I'm a 25+ year user of GeoMedia....I find the ESRI stuff clunky and convoluted....but like I said, customer uses it....and the of course some goob wrote the query using each individual number instead of ">=" and "<="

0 Kudos
BlerandeKastrati
New Contributor

Can you please send me the setup file exe to install ArcMap

0 Kudos