Publish Tax Parcels with 1:M Condo Table not working

Jump to solution
03-31-2020 01:02 PM
NickWeil
New Contributor III

I am trying to use the GP Publication models to publish my tax parcels from parcel fabric to a feature class. I have a 1:M relationship setup with my condo tax parcels and a geodatabase table (using LGIM enabled gdb). When I try to use the model, it will not accept the TaxParcelCondo table and returns "ERROR 000152: Invalid input data".

If I open the model to edit it, the Make Query Table tool is not colored in and will not accept the input table.

I discovered these tools on this thread: https://community.esri.com/thread/118509

If Chris Buscaglia‌ can provide some insight, it would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NickWeil
New Contributor III

I ended up resolving this problem myself, but wanted to provide some documentation in case others run into this problem.

The biggest issue holding back the model is that the Make Query Table tool would not accept the existing CondoTable as a valid input (not sure why since it was the default LGIM-enabled database). I modified the model with a copy rows tool to export the table to the output GDB and used the new condo table as the input. This allowed the inputs to the Make Query Table tool to be accepted. All the field names and expressions had to be corrected.

Additionally, most of the field names for the other geoprocessing tools were incorrect. The model was not updating to match up with existing fields. I went through step-by-step and corrected each tool to match my schema.

Finally, I updated the model to have the user simply identify an output workspace. From there the model builds a GDB and an appropriate feature class inside.

ESRI has pushed all support for Parcel Fabric to ArcGIS Pro. While I understand this is an obvious choice, I know that some users will still be stuck in Desktop for some time. Hopefully someone finds this helpful.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NickWeil
New Contributor III

I ended up resolving this problem myself, but wanted to provide some documentation in case others run into this problem.

The biggest issue holding back the model is that the Make Query Table tool would not accept the existing CondoTable as a valid input (not sure why since it was the default LGIM-enabled database). I modified the model with a copy rows tool to export the table to the output GDB and used the new condo table as the input. This allowed the inputs to the Make Query Table tool to be accepted. All the field names and expressions had to be corrected.

Additionally, most of the field names for the other geoprocessing tools were incorrect. The model was not updating to match up with existing fields. I went through step-by-step and corrected each tool to match my schema.

Finally, I updated the model to have the user simply identify an output workspace. From there the model builds a GDB and an appropriate feature class inside.

ESRI has pushed all support for Parcel Fabric to ArcGIS Pro. While I understand this is an obvious choice, I know that some users will still be stuck in Desktop for some time. Hopefully someone finds this helpful.