Workforce

04-16-2021 12:36 AM
Rietz
by
New Contributor

Hi,

Im wondering if there is a function within workforce that enables the possibility to send an email if the status of my workers still is "working"  after a certain time in the day. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HamishMorton
Esri Contributor

Hi @Rietz, this is something I have been looking into recently. As far as I can tell there is not, but with the addition of scheduled notebooks in ArcGIS Online, could you check the underlying feature service on a regular basis using the Python or REST API and then automate the sending of an email to the worker?

Hamish
Brady
by
New Contributor III

If you have access to FME, just do it with that. I have many processes that send e-mails flagging new critical jobs added from other sources etc.

👍

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@Brady @Rietz We've recently updated online feature services to supported webhooks and this post from @Anonymous User details how to use it with Workforce - this may meet your needs:
https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/use-webhooks-to-automate-workflows-in-arcgis-field-maps/

Craig

Rietz
by
New Contributor

Thank you, I will see if it is possible to make it work. The primary goal is to ensure that our workers return safely at the end of the work day. I want an automated email or text message if the status of the worker is still working at a certain time. @SHiiNZoN It might be that a spreadsheet and FME might be the simplest solution.

0 Kudos