Workforce - searching for features or custom fields with domain

02-09-2018 11:23 AM
KurtLebo
New Contributor III

We are in the project planning stages of using ESRI workforce to assign and allocate IT support technicians to Voting / Polling places during elections. 

ESRI workforce is  a good fit for this with the exception of:

• We would like to see a pulldown menu of names  for each polling stations rather than clicking the polling station in the dispatcher map and assigning a task.   

or 

•  A means to search the dispatcher map for the feature name  

or 

• maybe the issue could initially be entered into survey 123 and the fields would populate the Dispatcher fields? 

Bottom line we have over 200 + polling stations and it is not reasonable for our dispatcher to scroll around the map looking for the proper label on a polling place to assign an issue.  

Any thoughts?   

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kurt - You can add feature search to the dispatcher map. It is the same as adding feature search to an ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise map. You can see an example of setting this up for Workforce here: Create your first project—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Does that get you where you need to be?

-- Kylie

Esri Education Team
KurtLebo
New Contributor III

That is exactly what I was looking for.    I have been able to get this to work for the workers map, but not the Dispatchers map.    I'll keep trying and let you know the result.  

0 Kudos
KurtLebo
New Contributor III

I was able to get this working.    Thanks - The search keys on what is entered into the popup title box.  Once I figured that out I was fine.     

MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

Kylie,   We are using the search and it is working for us.    One thing we noticed is that it limits to the results to 12 in the dispatcher app.   However on the worker app on the device,  there does not appear to be a limit.    Can the results returned be changed?   Thanks

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mele,

Unfortunately, no, not at this time.  That is an enhancement we have in our backlog and it's scheduled for one of our upcoming releases.

Craig

MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

Craig,    Thanks for the quick reply.    We will look forward to seeing this in future releases

Mele

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@MeleKoneya @KurtLebo 
It's been a while but we've been to address one of the issues raised in this thread; in the Fall release of Workforce (scheduled for Sept 21st) we will be increasing the max number of feature results and removing the 12 feature limit.

We will still honor the maxRecordCount limit in the underlying feature service.  This applies for all Feature related searches; whether in the Search textbox, Lasso or Rectangle tools.  There will also not be a limit on the assignments you can create for the Search results; if 200 features are returned, you can create 200 assignments.

0 Kudos