Workforce "In Progress" Assignments

Jump to solution
01-12-2021 10:09 AM
SterlingLoetz
New Contributor III

I have a question about assignments that are accepted and are "In Progress" by a mobile worker. I cannot cancel in progress assignments and is the only way to free these assignments is to have the mobile worker decline the assignment? What happens to "In Progress" assignments if a mobile worker is removed from the Workforce project? Do their assignments just go back to Unassigned?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sterling,

I cannot cancel in progress assignments and is the only way to free these assignments is to have the mobile worker decline the assignment?

• Correct, once the assignment is In Progress the Dispatcher is prevented from changing it.
  • The mobile worker can either Decline the assignment or use the Reset command to change it's status back to Assigned

What happens to "In Progress" assignments if a mobile worker is removed from the Workforce project? Do their assignments just go back to Unassigned?

• If a worker is assigned or has in use assignments, such as those In Progress , they cannot be removed from the Project. So it should not be possible to get into this state.

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sterling,

I cannot cancel in progress assignments and is the only way to free these assignments is to have the mobile worker decline the assignment?

• Correct, once the assignment is In Progress the Dispatcher is prevented from changing it.
  • The mobile worker can either Decline the assignment or use the Reset command to change it's status back to Assigned

What happens to "In Progress" assignments if a mobile worker is removed from the Workforce project? Do their assignments just go back to Unassigned?

• If a worker is assigned or has in use assignments, such as those In Progress , they cannot be removed from the Project. So it should not be possible to get into this state.

Craig

0 Kudos
SterlingLoetz
New Contributor III

Thanks @CraigGillgrass 

0 Kudos
Brady
by
New Contributor III

This is a problem when staff leave. I cannot delete mobile workers or despatchers whilst they have an assignment in their name. The domain values should only be used to populate the table so they are there in the historical sense so you can go back and review old jobs for reporting etc, but unfortunately, it's tied in such that it checks the validity of all workers and despatchers for all jobs.

0 Kudos