Workforce project view does not honor assignment layer filters from dispatcher's map?

06-01-2018 10:21 AM
deleted-user--MMnVrog9xw_
Occasional Contributor

In my workforce project's Dispatcher map I have created a dynamic date filter (following this blog post) that filters the assignments by due date so that the map only show's assignments that are due today or in the next 7 days. The filter works in the "Dispatcher Map" web map which you can configure through the project configuration page, however in the "project view" (when I click open project) the assignments are not filtered and all are shown regardless of date. 

Here is my actual SQL query if that is relevant: 

dueDate BETWEEN convert(date, GETDATE()) AND convert(date, GETDATE()+7)

So am I doing something wrong? Is this intended behavior that the workforce assignments cannot be filtered in the project view? Or is this a bug? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James,

You are not doing anything wrong; this is current as designed behavior for Workforce.  We are considering changing this in an future release, so that filters defined at the layer level will be honored.  There's some work for us to do this, due to some implementation decisions.  But, this is something we are considering.

I've added your post and info to the issue in our repo for this request.

Craig

NathanBruce1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response to this Craig, we have quickly become overwhelmed in a short period with completed tasks. Even if there was a better option to symbolize (beyond existing clustering) the assignments it would be nice.  For instance you hover over a cluster and the assignment levels break up into a asterisk pattern showing each type of assignment and the number of occurrences at that particular location.  Food for thought.

JonasRugtvedt
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I see that the latest response on this thread is almost two years old. We have various customers who use Workforce in their daily routine and the number of completed assignments are starting to heavily dominate the map. I attempted to filter away completed assignments older than thirty days, but as with Nathan, Workforce does not seem to honor the setting.

Craig Gillgrass, have there been any developments in Workforce regarding this issue? Nathan Bruce, have you found a workaround?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jonas,

We have not implemented support for filters in the Dispatcher web app; this is in our backlog and on the roadmap to add to an upcoming release of Workforce.

One suggestion for mitigating the buildup of completed work assignments is to copy them to a new feature layer within the assignments feature service.  I know several sites who have implemented this as a workaround.

Craig

BismarckGIS
New Contributor

This is a major hindrance for my organization.  Not being able to filter is stopping implementation and is turning off our current workforce users. Also why no ability to turn layers on and off or a legend?  

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

I apologize for the issues you're having.  Are you encountering the same issues as listed above?  You need to filter out Completed assignments and copying them to a new feature service does not meet your needs?

The ability to turn layers on/off and a legend are in our backlog and something we'd like to target for a future release.

Craig

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Occasional Contributor

I'm seeing the same issue as above. Was this ever addressed? My Workforce application has 20,000+ records in it and I don't want to show completed assignments in order to simplify the project.

Here's my Workforce project:

SarahRijneke_0-1695138892921.png

Here's the Dispatcher map preview:

SarahRijneke_1-1695138919937.png

0 Kudos
JohnO_Donnell
New Contributor

We're implementing Workforce with one of our garbage/recycling teams and this shortcoming is already posing problems on day two. After six years can we still not filter out assignments older than a set timespan?

0 Kudos