Workforce not pulling through Surveys to Desktop App

02-06-2020 01:16 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone is having the same issue with the Workforce Desktop App not allowing the user to conduct a "Survey at Assignment" when using the app. The survey points are pulled into the app but not any associated Survey123 surveys. I believe it is setup correctly as it successfully pulls surveys through on mobile devices and I am able to progress and send surveys.

I have previously been able to do this on the Desktop App so I'm wondering if something has broken behind the scenes - this is replicated even when a very simple survey is assigned as a task (by simple I mean a singular text question - no special characters etc.). The surveys also work fine when opened in both the Survey123 and Survey123 Connect apps.

As Workforce runs fine on mobile devices it is not the end of the world, however, as I am designing multiple surveys at the moment the ability to ensure everything runs smoothly using the Workforce Desktop App is pretty useful. 

Is this a known issue/does anyone have advice?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas,

Can you clarify what you're trying to do with the Workforce Desktop app?

The Workforce web app doesn't support filling out surveys.  Can you reply with more information or screenshots?

thanks, Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Craig,

This is on the Desktop App (Beta) normally it allows me to click on the ellipsis and select the survey at assignment option, which then opens the Survey123 desktop application. This allows me to replicate the experience the user would have using a mobile device in the field but from my Desktop, however, this option is no longer appearing for me.

I am setup as both a Dispatcher and Mobile worker so I believe that I should theoretically be able to set myself assignments as a Dispatcher using Workforce Online and then carry these out as a Mobile Worker using the Workforce Desktop App.  

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas,

I'm sorry, still not quite sure what the issue is.  Can you send some screenshots?  Workforce doesn't have a Desktop app, I'm a little confused with the terms you're using.

thanks,

0 Kudos