Workforce & login

08-25-2020 10:26 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 2 questions / suggestions.

1. We have a lot of personnel that use AGOL and the apps, the biggest gripe we get it the login process.

Can we make it so that they don't have to choose between AGOL and manage between ArcGIS Connections? 

Also the frequency that they have to login tends to frustrate them.

2. Workforce is being used for a lot of processes, it would be really handy to have an air push functionality for    assignments to notify them when received  without having to have the app open and/or running.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think about this every time I have to log in to AGOL or one of the Esri apps. There are quite a number of comments and suggestions for this on the "Ideas" site.

Here are links to a couple:

There are many more that are similar. Vote for all of them?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Cody, Matt,

1. We have a lot of personnel that use AGOL and the apps, the biggest gripe we get it the login process.

Can we make it so that they don't have to choose between AGOL and manage between ArcGIS Connections? 

Also the frequency that they have to login tends to frustrate them.

We've made a number of improvements in our latest release of Workforce (and in the beta version of field maps) to address this - have those changes improved your experience?  Is your comment around iOS or Android or both?

2. Workforce is being used for a lot of processes, it would be really handy to have an air push functionality for    assignments to notify them when received  without having to have the app open and/or running.

Push notifications is on our Roadmap and with the move to a single app with our Field Maps work, something we're looking at in the near term.  We don't have a timeframe for it but keep an eye out on our blogs and the in the beta program as that is where we would announce it.

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe I am talking about something different. My issue is how many steps it takes to sign in to our AGOL Organization in Esri apps. The process does not seem to be different for the new Workforce or Field Maps than the other Esri apps - for iOS or Android. It doesn't seem that difficult, but you'd be surprised at how many people try to enter their sign in information down the "ArcGIS login" path instead of the "Organization" path.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Matt,

When you users sign in are they tapping the "Sign in with ArcGIS Online" button, then selecting "Your ArcGIS organization's URL", then they type in the org name?

Are you deploying the apps with an MDM?

0 Kudos