Workforce Issues

08-04-2020 08:20 AM
PayneRingling
New Contributor III

We are using Workforce pretty extensively to generate work order tickets and integrating with survey to manage timesheet data. We've been experiencing frequent issues where it simply won't lets us generate tickets. etc.  My colleague is on with ESRI support. I'm just wondering if other users have experienced similar large scale Workforce issues. The strangest thing is that its periodic and not consistent outages.

Today for example we can pull data from AGO but can't fully edit it. Add/Delete doesn't work. Editing the attributes does.

33 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

My organization is also having issues. I am attaching a blank screen for when they try to open the older Workforce Project. I migrated the project to the new Workforce and now they can't dispatch from thier iPads in a chrome browser where previously, they would do it no problem. 

Also, our dashboards built off of the older version of workforce Assignments aren't working for our clients.

Thanks, 

JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Hi Stefani,

Can you please add "craig_sp" as a dispatcher to the classic project you are having problems with? (and mention the project title, please!) also, your screenshot looks like it is on mobile. are you seeing this error on web as well?

thank you!

J

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Barnard: GTPLM-Gas Transmission Pipeline Markers-Copy is the name of the Workforce 2.0 and Barnard: GTPLM-Gas Transmission Pipeline Markers is the name of the Workforce Classic project and we just added him. 

Thanks so much for your help!

Stefani

0 Kudos
JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Hi Stefani,

I am able to get into the GTPLM-Gas Transmission Pipeline Markers-Copy project and it appears to be working as expected. for the classic GTPLM, it seems the group is messed up. I am not able to open the project (different from the error you're seeing) and looking at the group items, I don't see the dispatcher feature service in there. 

Has this project been edited outside of the workforce UI?

Thank you!

J

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi J, 

We have it tied to to a Collector map for people to be able to edit associated features and we use the API to pull data from the Assignments layer and calculate it into another feature. We have been doing this for almost 6 months with no errors until yesterday. This is what I am seeing the group items from my end and I dispatcher feature service unless I am looking at something different (which is totally possible)

Thanks!

Stefani

0 Kudos
JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Morning Stefani,

It looks like the dispatcher FS and location FS have not been shared with the craig_sp user. This is why I cannot get into the project. Can you please share those items, and I will try and get to the bottom of the blank page error. 

thank you!

James

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI J, 

Shared and all good. I would also like to note that the Workforce API needs to be updated to the schema. You just need to pull the Assignements layer out of the Project by getting the first index of the feature layer rather than the previous projects.assignment_layer. 

I updated the sharing for the classic project, tested it and still just a blank screen on an ipad brower and on the new version of the project you still are unable to select features or assign work unless you are on a desktop.

Thanks!

Stefani

0 Kudos
JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Hi Stefani,

I apologize for missing this earlier, but it appears the worker_map has not been added to this group. I believe that if you add the classic worker map back to the group, you should be able to get back into the dispatch view and proceed as normal.

On the ipad front: Can you please provide the hardware/software versions you are using? I am not able to reproduce the errors you have mentioned above on my device. 

Happy to take this to email if that is easier for you!

Thank you so much for your help,

J

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Please feel free to email me at stefani.hunt@pge.com

Thanks!

Stefani

0 Kudos
YasotharanTamil
New Contributor

Hey James McManus‌ I am currently experiencing an issue where we cannot open a classic workforce project whereby it just opens on a blank screen. I have checked the Json like you have suggested above and they look like as they should the item ids are present in the dispatchers map. I have also tried recreating the dispatchers map bt still the same issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos