Using Survey123 with Workforce

08-26-2019 11:58 AM
JeffHyder
New Contributor III

How can I assign surveys submitted from Survey123 into Workforce? I have applications that have been submitted, now I want to assign those submitted surveys to my inspectors for them to edit and inspect. How can this be done and is it easy?

9 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jeff,

This blog outlines one way you can handle this scenario:

Workforce and Survey123: Creating assignments in the field 

Another, is to add the Survey123 feature service to the Dispatcher web map, so that your Dispatchers can create assignments from the features in Survey123.  However, with this workflow, it's not as easy to just get the information from Survey123 into Workforce.

Craig

0 Kudos
JeffHyder
New Contributor III

So, I have 7 surveys which are permit appplications where the end user fills out all of the information. At the end I have a permit granted field that is for office use only, that is also a relevant answer that opens questions on the survey after it is permited. Those are the questions I wish to assign to the inspectors to complete in the field with them having the customer's info right there in the application that they provided. How would I be able to assign those surveys to my inspectors to complete or edit in the field? They can open them through the inbox now but that shows all the surveys. I wish just to show the day's assignments. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jeff,

The surveys that you want to assign to the Inspector to open in Survey123, are these new surveys or are they pre-existing surveys?

From reading you reply, I think these are pre-existing surveys but would like to confirm.

Craig

0 Kudos
JeffHyder
New Contributor III

Pre-existing.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Jeff, unfortunately, there really is no easy to support/solve this issue at this time.

The integration workflow between Workforce and launching other apps is targeted at the creation of new data.  Adding the ability to open existing data (features or surveys) is in our roadmap, but hasn't been assigned to a release.

Craig

PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Craig Gillgrass‌,

do you know if there are news on this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Supporting this ability is something we're looking at for our 2020 plans.  I'll have a better idea closer to the User Conference on our plans to support this capability.

PatrickKent1
New Contributor II

Hello @CraigGillgrass ,

Just found this thread from a few years ago and I am trying to implement the same thing. Is there any update on this capability?

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

We've made some updates in our December release that make this a little easier to accomplish but we have not implemented full support for it.  In December, we expanded the set of fields that can be passed from Workforce to the app being called.

In terms of changing our Workforce app integration to open existing features or inspections; this work has been parked for the time being.  We continue to review it each release to see if we can address it but it hasn't been added to a release yet.

You can accomplish this by editing the app integration table yourself and creating the url Survey123 requires. You'd have to look into the Survey123 documentation; they have several topics that describe how to do this.

Craig

0 Kudos