Searching by Feature in the Dispatcher map - no longer available?

02-19-2020 06:25 PM
KonradHughes
New Contributor II

Attempting to duplicate the process in this example from a few months ago.

I have configured my dispatcher map to be searchable by layer:

However, my dispatcher map within my Workforce project does not appear to be searchable by feature layer as I've defined it:

Is there a second step to make my layers searchable in Workforce, or is this no longer a capability?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Konrad,

The Workforce web app will execute the feature search you set up in the web map, however it does not provide you with any search suggestions nor does it provide the drop down that lets you determine what layer to search against (like you see in the Map Viewer app). This is being considered for a future release of Workforce.

Thanks for asking the question and for your feedback!

Jeff

0 Kudos
MichaelChristensen31
New Contributor II

I had the same question. Thanks for answering it. I do notice that the search will execute based on map settings when pressing enter after entering search parameters. Is there a way to turn off the world geocoding search functionality? Even though I have disabled it in the map, it still appears in Workforce and causes confusion for the user. Thank you.

0 Kudos
jroebotham_atl
New Contributor

Hey @JeffShaner  other than the search by layer in the web map setting, do i need to do anything to make this work in Workforce? even with this set (and working in the web map) if i enter the same search term in workforce it doesn't' seem to find it. TIA