New Workforce app: takes too long to update the todo list

09-30-2020 08:34 PM
LanNguyen1
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm on the latest Workforce for Android. It takes ages for the app to update the new Todo list, even with manual hitting the Sync button. I sometimes have to turn off the app and come back to try the Sync and it works.

Has anyone suffered the same issue?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
21 Replies
RavitejaViswanadha_CyientInc
New Contributor III

Can you also confirm that if there are any changes in the SDE to reflect them to Workforce the Project has to be reloaded ? 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

What kind of changes in SDE?  Are these to the contents of layers or to the layers/feature classes themselves?

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I meant any change to the attribute/geometric not data model changes. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

any attribute or geometry change will be handled by Sync.

New Contributor III

That clears the understanding. Thank you @CraigGillgrass  for your attention to this matter and also being quick 

0 Kudos
Sai
by
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I'm on the same boat like you, having troubles with new workforce app sync. Which will take arbitrary time to sync with mobile, where the web map is getting updated fine in AGOL. 

Can you guys provide me any direction or steps, how to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Hello Sai ,

In ArcGIS Workforce application as you know we will have the dispatcher and field worker maps. The Field Worker map will be utilized in the ArcGIS Workforce Mobile application. When the Project is downloaded it will scan for each and every layer and downloads all the data present in the Layer or Layers that were added to the Field Worker map. 

The same activity will be performed for the Sync process as well in terms of scanning every layer for changes and importing the changes. 

Hence, the efficient way of using (my perspective) is limit the number of layers that we use in the Field Worker map. 

In my case, I added only the Assignments ,Field Workers and One reference layer to show the assignments and I did integration with Collector so that the Field users would know where thier assignments are and perform the field work in the Collector or Survey123 applications as designed. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Sai
by
New Contributor

Thank you Raviteja.

I'm doing pretty much the same process, in workforce mobile layer have referenced my hosted feature class to show data and all the data collection is done by survey 123 application. But I'm facing sync issues between the worker map in workforce and mobile application, which is taking longer time than the old workforce application.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

It depends on how many layers you have other than Assignments and Field Workers. 

If it takes longer with just Workforce Managed Hosted Feature services, you need to investigate on the Hosting ArcGIS Server and data store for that server. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Sai,

Is the issue you're seeing with Workforce that a Sync is taking longer to complete than you expect?  Or, is it that time between Syncs seems to be too long and arbitrary?

Craig

0 Kudos