New Inspection Project

2 weeks ago
IanGallo
New Contributor

I am a new user. Quickly learning Survey123, Workforce and Arc Online but getting a grasp on how everything should relate for my project has been challenging. If someone could point me in the right direction for some of these basic design answers it would be very much appreciated!

Project Outline - Known locations (nursery and christmas tree fields) need to be inspected annually by multiple field staff. The primary survey will include a repeating question set to collect information on pests and diseases present. 

I am stuck on the question of how the data will be structured in relation to the primary feature layer of field locations that also contains license and contact information for field owners. I want the ability to have many inspections in a related table associated with each of these locations as surveys are completed. I will also need access to all the responses to the pest and disease repeating question for all locations available in one place for review throughout the inspection season. How to I structure these related tables (if that is the best solution here)?

I want inspectors to have the ability to click on a location in their territory in Workforce (do not want to use the inbox feature in S123) and complete a survey with some data fields passed through from workforce/the primary feature layer of field locations so that the inspector does not have to enter any information that is already known in the primary feature layer. I have figured out how to automatically assign locations but the data pass through piece seems to be eluding me. 

Could you point me toward some good tutorials on how to get this to set this up? I'm amazed by how good this support community is but I can't seem to find a big picture tutorial that lines up with the structure of this project. 

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IanGallo
New Contributor

And please let me know if there is a better community to post this question in!

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ian,

What fields do you need to pass from Workforce to Survey123?

Craig

0 Kudos
IanGallo
New Contributor

From what I understand, a predetermined GUID field for the property (whatever needs to be automatically passed through so that the field user does not have to enter any data that is already known, and the survey is automatically associated with that location upon submission). There are other text fields that I thought would pass through automatically once the survey was created from the feature layer but do not. I can always populate those with pulldata if needed. GUID is the big one, I think. 

0 Kudos