Multiple surveys linked to one Assignment Type

01-28-2020 08:57 AM
MichelleDuncan2
New Contributor III

We want to be able to pass info from a Workforce assignment to multiple surveys. Is there any workaround for attaching more than one Survey123 form to an assignment type? Currently if a survey is linked to an assignment type it grays it out. See example below. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

7 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michelle,

The only way to really handle this through the Workforce web app would be to create new assignment types for the other surveys - but I'm guessing that's not going to work for your scenario.

Can you go into some detail on why multiple surveys are needed for each assignment type?

Craig

0 Kudos
MichelleDuncan2
New Contributor III

We have quite a few assignment types in one project. Some assignments require different surveys to be filled out at one location. I'm surprised more people haven't asked for this feature.

EmmaSchultz1
New Contributor III

Hi Craig, 

I am also looking for the same functionality. I will explain why my organization would like Workforce project/ assignment types to handle more than 1 Survey123. 

I work in oil and gas and in addition to the main inspection assignment for our field workers, they need to complete a hazard assessment form, equipment checklists, and sometimes a journey plan form. We have digitized these forms in survey 123, but since only 1 survey is allowed per assignment, field workers need to migrate outside of Workforce and into Survey 123 to access the other 3 forms associated with their assignment. 

Emma 

studebakers_Boulder
New Contributor III

Just wanted to add that I third the need for this functionality. For the time being, I am looking into forcing the integration of multiple surveys with a single assignment type by tweaking the integration table... we shall see. 

0 Kudos
studebakers_Boulder
New Contributor III

Just wanted to give a quick update - I appended additional integrations on the Assignment Integrations table. One integration was with a brand new assignment type - mostly to test this out with a 1 assignment:1 survey scenario. Worked great, could still pass specific fields. 

Then I tried to append an additional survey to an existing assignment which already had a survey integrated (1 assignment: 2 surveys). Everything appeared to work (showed up in the Workforce Configure > Advanced > App Integration list). The issue appeared when opening Workforce. Even after creating a new test assignment of this type and syncing the app, there is still only one link to "Survey at Assignment" and this takes me to the first survey that was integrated. I also tried giving each of the two surveys a unique prompt to no avail. 

0 Kudos
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III

Doing a Follow-up on this to see if there has been any changes that I am unaware of. I too, would need to assign multiple surveys to a specific assignment. An example would be an Electric Investigation assignment would be assigned for our Field Crew to go out and investigate an issue. When its determined, for an example, there is damage to an OH transformer. They would have to fill-out a Tailboard safety form, an inventory form and an As-Built/Transformer Exchange form. Do not see having (3) separate Assignments for (1) job. Appreciate the feedback

0 Kudos
FredK
by
New Contributor II

Best I could do was create a dummy survey with links to all the surveys I need. Lol.

0 Kudos