Multiple managers of Workforce project

08-06-2018 01:26 PM
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to configure a work for project so that multiple users can invite others to the project, i.e multiple project managers? As far as I can tell only the user who created the workforce project can invite new users. Group rolls seem to have no effect on user privileges in Workforce.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brent, thanks for you question on Workforce.

Workforce supports a single Project Owner at this time; i.e. is it not possible to have multiple project owners \ users who can change the project through the Workforce application.

I've added your information to the issue in our backlog requesting this capability.

Depending on your situation, the following trouble shooting article may help you:

Troubleshooting for project owners—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
ToryChristensen
New Contributor III

This has caused significant frustration for my organisation. Allowing only one Workforce owner means that only an extremely small scale project can be effectively managed. Even in those cases, dispatchers have far lower permissions, which makes management of projects more challenging.

Is there any likelihood that multiple Workforce owners functionality will be added in the short/medium term?

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Tory,

There is the potential for this being available within the next 12 months.  We're making changes to Workforce in order to support offline and some other initiatives.

What roles/user types are the other users for whom you would like to make Workforce project owners?  Are they all Administrators?  Publishers? 

Craig

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,  Can any update on the status of multiple managers in Workforce be provided?  I see that offline has been added since the last message.  Thanks  

JimmyWalth
New Contributor III

I would also like an update.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

We're looking to include this feature once the Workforce capability is added to Field Maps, which is slated to begin in Q3 of this year.  At this time, I'd say that the ability to allow multiple owners to administer a Workforce project will be in the first half of 2022 at the earliest.