Mobile Workers - web app

06-22-2022 12:22 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

can you access workforce as a "Mobile Worker" from a web browser? or is it limited to using the app

thanks

Stu

6 Replies
OsamaOthman
Esri Contributor

For field workers I believe it is only limited to mobile app. No web version to access it.

0 Kudos
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

@OsamaOthman thanks for the quick reply, that's a shame as there isnt a windows 10 app from what i could see 

Stu

0 Kudos
rcraig_RockportMA
New Contributor II

There really should be a way to access as a worker or at least close on behalf of workers in the web app. I end up having to run 2 devices just to complete a work order for a field worker who doesn't use the app.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@OsamaOthman is correct, there is no desktop or web equivalent for the mobile app that workers can use.  

@rcraig_RockportMA what is it you need to perform as the worker in the web app?  Is it just limited to closing out work assignments?  If so, that is on our roadmap and something we plan to include when Workforce is integrated with Field Maps.

Craig

rcraig_RockportMA
New Contributor II

@CraigGillgrass that would be helpful, but having a desktop view from the worker perspective would be useful. We have supervisors and foreman who have laptops in the field and a similar functionality to the app would be helpful.

Is there a timeline for including Workforce in Field Maps and closing out assignments from the web app?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Is there a timeline for including Workforce in Field Maps and closing out assignments from the web app?

It will be next year. I can't provide a release quarter at this time.

0 Kudos