How do I update existing worker information in the Workforce app.

Jump to solution
06-16-2021 03:05 PM
JimmyWalth
New Contributor III

I have tried many solutions on my own but so far I cannot find a reliable method to update worker information for an existing worker in a live and active workforce project.  I need to be able to update contact numbers and add notes for field workers as needed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jimmy,

Unfortunately, you've found a rather nasty bug but it's unclear if we'll be able to address this issue in an upcoming release.

The issue is; the updates from the Worker in the mobile app are overwriting your edits in the web app during sync.  At this time it's not possible to update the Worker details once the Worker signs into the project.

If you need to update a Worker's information you'll have to ask the Worker to Remove the project from their device. This is under the overflow menu (...) for the Project on the Browse screen.  Once the Worker has done this; you can update their Worker details.  The next time the Worker downloads the project; the new Worker details will be there.

If you're using a pre-planned Map Area for your Workforce project you'll need to regenerate the Map Area.

We'll have to take this back and figure out how to address it.

Craig

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JimmyWalth ,

If you are the project owner, then you can update these details. If you are not, I recommend you contact the project owner to help you.

Inside of the configure experience, click on the USERS tab and then hover over a mobile worker. From here you can click Add details to enter information.

JeffShaner_0-1623886241020.png

If you are updating existing information, click the pencil to the right of the phone number.

JeffShaner_1-1623886376890.png

Within the dialog that pops up you can enter/update the worker information:

JeffShaner_3-1623886705372.png

JimmyWalth
New Contributor III

You are correct that this allows me to update the information.  But if the field worker I am updating is active then the information reverts back to the old information the next time they complete or start an existing assignment.  I have updated the information for all workers several times in the manner you outline but each time the information reverts within a few days.  It is very frustrating.  I can't seem to find a process that will make my changes stick.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jimmy,

Unfortunately, you've found a rather nasty bug but it's unclear if we'll be able to address this issue in an upcoming release.

The issue is; the updates from the Worker in the mobile app are overwriting your edits in the web app during sync.  At this time it's not possible to update the Worker details once the Worker signs into the project.

If you need to update a Worker's information you'll have to ask the Worker to Remove the project from their device. This is under the overflow menu (...) for the Project on the Browse screen.  Once the Worker has done this; you can update their Worker details.  The next time the Worker downloads the project; the new Worker details will be there.

If you're using a pre-planned Map Area for your Workforce project you'll need to regenerate the Map Area.

We'll have to take this back and figure out how to address it.

Craig

JimmyWalth
New Contributor III

I am actually glad this is on your radar as a bug.  I look forward to a fix for this in the future.  In the meantime thank you for the workaround.

0 Kudos
mackenzie_firstname
New Contributor III

Hey Craig,

We have recently moved to the new Workforce, and have been experiencing some issues updating our mobile worker's details - and it looks like the same issue as what is detailed above. 

When the mobile workers open up Workforce and sync, it overrides the changes we have made. Just wondering if this bug has been addressed and what we are experiencing is something different, or whether it is still being worked on? 

If you have any tips or workarounds on how we can update worker details let us know.

- Mackenzie

0 Kudos
JimmyWalth
New Contributor III

Any updates related to this Bug?   

0 Kudos