Hosted Feature Service Webhook - FeaturesUpdated Requires "Keep track of created and updated features"

11-09-2020 07:55 AM
Kevin_Thompson
New Contributor III

Hello ESRI,

I am working on trying to create some Webhooks on the Assignment Hosted Feature Layer of workforce and am wondering why "Keep track of created and updated features" cannot be enabled for the layer? This setting is required to be able to use FeatureUpdated as the trigger in the Webhook Payload.

Here is the guide which I am working with:

Create a hosted feature service webhook 

Kind Regards,

Kevin T

Tags (2)
6 Replies
BrackenDavis
New Contributor III

Hi Kevin,

Have you heard from Esri on this issue, or did you figure out how to get around this issue?  I'm having the same problem.

Thanks,

Bracken

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2
Occasional Contributor II

@CraigGillgrass do you have any insight regarding this question? I'm having the same issue.  It seems as though there is a bug - NIM102295 that might be contributing to the issue.  It seems that if your editor tracking fields are already present in the feature layer, you can't enable the "Keep track of created and updated features" option, even though the fields are there to support it.  Without this option checked, it seems you cannot add a feature level webhook to the assignment layer.  You would think that if Workforce adds these "track edit" fields when the feature layer is created (when a new workforce project is started), the solution would be for workforce to ensure that the Change Tracking option is activated on that layer.  

This is frustrating to me because I have another workforce project that I found a work-around for this last year and set up the feature level webhook, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did to get this enabled.  I'll keep looking though.  I can't believe the OP didn't get any response... 

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Tyler,

This is a known issue with Workforce feature layers that we'll be addressing in the April release of Online.

I'm guessing the other Workforce project is a classic project. The issue we're addressing in the upcoming release is with the new offline-enabled Workforce projects.

Craig

TylerBragg2

Craig, 

Thanks for the response.  That's great news that it is on the agenda to be addressed, and with the release coming up next month, even better.  Do we have a scheduled release date in April? 

You are correct - the other Workforce project is a classic project.  I can't remember exactly how I got it to work (maybe I was just able to check the box for editor tracking and that's why I can't remember it being this difficult to enable.) The one I'm working with now is actually the replacement/upgraded version of the old one.  I didn't do a direct migration because I'm adding in quite a bit of additional functionality and wanted to start fresh (You just recently helped me out with another issue regarding Survey123 app integration).  Obviously, I'm skirting around the edges of current functionality with what I'm trying to do! 

Tyler

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Tyler,

The release is set for the second week in April - keep an eye on the Online forums and blogs, they'll have a firmer release date.

Craig

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2

Will do.  I eagerly look forward to this release.  As always, thanks for your help.  

Tyler

0 Kudos