Filtering a large number of assignment types in Dispatcher map

10-05-2020 06:59 AM
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

We are in the process of creating a project with a large number of assignment types, say around 100 types.  Is there an easier way of filtering the assignments by type in the Dispatcher map after they are created other than just typing the assignment type in the search bar?

And if we can't do it on the Dispatcher map itself, is there some other product (like Web AppBuilder or Experience Builder) that we can bring in the Dispatcher map and filter it that way?  What has worked for others that have a lot of assignment types to sort through?

2 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian,

We are in the process of creating a project with a large number of assignment types, say around 100 types.  Is there an easier way of filtering the assignments by type in the Dispatcher map after they are created other than just typing the assignment type in the search bar?

Unfortunately no, there is no way to filter the assignment types other than through the search bar. We do have it in our backlog to include a multi-select dropdown for assignment types (similar to the status dropdown) but that hasn't been assigned to a release.

And if we can't do it on the Dispatcher map itself, is there some other product (like Web AppBuilder or Experience Builder) that we can bring in the Dispatcher map and filter it that way?  What has worked for others that have a lot of assignment types to sort through?

I know other users have projects with at least many assignment types so they may have ideas.  There is no ability in Workforce to include a widget or component from another product like Web AppBuilder or Experience Builder, into Workforce.

Craig

Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Craig, I was afraid that was the case in Workforce.  Hopefully other users with large numbers of assignments can share what they are doing to accomplish this.  I did find this Idea on filtering by assignment type here on GeoNet and upvoted it to help get it on a release schedule soon! 

0 Kudos