Does workforce support adding workers from a collaborating organization?

08-07-2018 08:43 AM
MickHuska_Jr__ALLETE_
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm looking to add workers to a workforce project hosted by an ArcGIS Enterprise organization. The workers would be added from an ArcGIS Online organization that is participating in a collaboration with the Enterprise organization. Is this possible? Or will it be possible in the future?

Thanks,

-Mick

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MabelNey
New Contributor

Hi Mick,

When adding users to a project, you'll see an option just below the user selection field to only search for users in your organization. Unchecking that will let you find users from outside your organization.

AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Can I pile onto this and ask the following about Workforce for ArcGIS‌ and #agol to portal collaboration‌:

• We have an internal instance of Portal, and and AGO. They will be joined using Portal-to-portal Collaboration soon.
  • My workforce dispatcher is in Portal. My #workforce_mobile_worker are in the AGO.
  • I plan to make a Workforce Project in AGO and, according to the above, I should be able to invite my Portal dispatchers into it - can someone confirm?
  • Also, using Portal-to-portal Collaboration, can I sync #workforce assignments between Portal and AGO? (Assignments get created in Portal > sync'd to AGO > mobile workers 'to do' list updates and they complete assignment > status gets sync'd back into Portal so dispatcher knows it's completed)

Thanks

#craig gillgrass

0 Kudos