Custom assignments in WorkForce using feature service

07-10-2018 05:35 AM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to use feature services for assignments in workforce or if there are other things that can be done is tandem with workforce. I am familiar with workforce and collector being used simultaneously, but I was looking to see if it is possible to combine feature services and workforce simultaneously.

Thanks,

Robert

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Are you looking to create assignments from an existing feature service? This is supported in the Workforce Web application. You can add additional layers to the Dispatcher webmap, then use those layers to create assignments. 

Additionally you could use the Workforce module in the Python API to do more custom assignment creation.

arcgis.apps.workforce module — arcgis 1.4.2 documentation 

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Aaron. I wasn't sure since I looked into Workforce but I guess I didn't check to see how I could use an existing service. I was aware of other things such as utilizing survey123 and other things but I think I vaguely forgot about creating assignments from existing services.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SahadebDe1
New Contributor

Aaron,

Is it possible to use an existing feature service (served from ArcSDE database - not on the cloud db) as an assignment layer for the Workforce? (It is different than 'create assignment from  an existing feature service' - In the later case you're using existing features (from a feature service) to create assignment feature within the assignment feature layer that is created along with the Workforce project.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no support for using an existing feature service as the Assignments layer in Workforce. 

Craig

0 Kudos