Couldn't open project..??

10-12-2016 04:50 AM
TimoWidbom
New Contributor III

Hi.

I am using newest Android beta version of workforce. When I try to open project from mobile I get an error: Couldn't open project..??

0 Kudos
13 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Cecile,

I determined what the problem is; the Location Tracks layer must be in the Worker web map; this is the feature service called "location_histoire".  At Beta 0.2.1 for Android; the app expects that layer to be present in the Worker web map.  If you add that layer back to the map (it can be turned off), the project should open correctly.

Craig

0 Kudos
DidemBıçkıcı1
New Contributor III

Hi! 

Actually we have a similar problem while opening the project on Android. We've set a user as field worker. While opening the project on Android Workforce app, there is an error mentioning like "The project couldn't be opened. You are not a dispatcher of this project. Please notify your system administrator.

But on IOS there isn't any problem for the same user without any difference. Would be glad if you could help. 

Regards,

Didem

0 Kudos
BeheerderPrisma_GeoCensus
New Contributor

Hi Craig, 

Thank you for this solution. I added the 'location_historie' feature service to the Workers web map in Workforce and tested the Android app again: it worked! This helped me a lot. 

Thanks, 

Cecile

0 Kudos
JannyPhung1
New Contributor

Our organization does not have Tracker enabled.

When I try to open the project there's a message: Loading Project Failed. Invalid project, missing tracks item ID and service URL. There is no location_history service.