Changing the zoom level when you click on an assignment in the dispatcher view

02-19-2021 08:11 AM
JulieCulligan
New Contributor III

When clicking on an assignment, the map zooms so close to the assignment that you can't see other assignments and map features. 

Is there a way to change the zoom level when you click on an assignment or turn it off completely? 

Thanks!  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Julie, this is not configurable.  Do you have a screenshot that shows the issues so we can get a better understanding of it?

thanks,

0 Kudos
JulieCulligan
New Contributor III

Hi Craig, 

I have attached a picture but I'm not sure it will do a better job of explaining.  The issue is more user interface.  Our dispatchers have quite a dense map and they need to be able to see the job description without having it zoom very close in.  The reason for this is they are trying to visualize/ reference where crews currently are in relation to that job.  Some crews are unable to perform jobs based on items in the description ie. frost on the ground/ pictures attached.  The current practice is to have a crew in mind and then see which jobs around they are able to complete.  When they click on job details it zooms them into the job and they lose sight of where the crew is in relation to the job. 

Let me know if that makes sense.  

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Julie, thanks for replying and the screenshot - both help to understand the issue.

Is this statement correct - when the Dispatcher clicks on the assignment to view the job description; the map is already at the correct scale/extent for the Dispatcher since they've explicitly set the map extent in order to see the location of the Workers to whom they may assign the job?

thanks,

0 Kudos
JulieCulligan
New Contributor III

Hi Craig, 

That statement is correct. Is there a way to apply those settings in workforce?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Julie,

There is no way to apply these in the web app.  We are considering changing this behavior for our next release at the end of March.  The proposed behavior would be:

• Do not zoom when an assignment is created or the properties are opened
  • Pan if the assignment is not in the current extent
  • Dispatcher can zoom to the assignment by clicking on the Location - we're discussing adding an explicit action to do this.

Let me know if this works for your scenario.

Craig

0 Kudos
Brady
by
New Contributor III

This has been doing this for years in classic and still the same in new. I have looked many times for options to change it but there is none. It bounces in and out like a yo-yo when you are clicking through an assortment of assignments.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JulieCulligan and @Brady we just released an update for Workforce last week which changed this behavior. We now honour the extent the Dispatcher is at when clicking through Assignments.

Craig