Can't Expand Assignment Description on Android Devices

08-26-2021 05:42 PM
mackenzie_firstname
New Contributor III

Hi there,

We are currently setting up a new project in ArcGIS Workforce (migrating from Workforce for ArcGIS). Our assignments have quite large description fields with a lot of information. 

While testing the new project, we have found that Android devices are not able to/don't have the option to expand the description with the 'see more' button. I have tested this on two Samsung S21 devices, and one Samsung S10, however the issue is the same for all three. 

I have attached a screenshot of what is visible from a Samsung and an iPhone. The iPhone has a see more button at the top of the description field, which allows the user to expand the description and see all of the information. However the Samsung user would have to awkwardly scroll sideways in order to inch down the description field. Tapping on the description field does not expand it. 

A majority of our mobile workers use Android devices. The latest version of ArcGIS Workforce is installed on our test devices (21.0.2). Wondering if anyone else has this issue, or if there is a way to fix it? 

Android_See_More.jpgiPhone_See_More.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

This is a bug in the Android version of Workforce and one that we're addressing in our next release that is tentatively scheduled for next week.

You can take that new release for spin using the Beta; this blog points you to the how to do that.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-workforce-blog/what-s-new-and-next-with-arcgis-workforce/ba-p/1...

Craig

mackenzie_firstname
New Contributor III

Hi Craig,

Thanks so much for your reply! I have just tested out the beta on my Android phone and it works great, I can now view the see more button and the entire description.

Much appreciated for your help, I will be looking out for the update once it's ready. 

Thanks again!

Mackenzie

0 Kudos