Blog Discussion: Monitor Your Workforce Project Using Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

08-17-2018 08:47 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've posted a new blog outlining how to Monitor Your Workforce Project Using Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS. Your organization may have additional stakeholders that would like to view the status of ongoing Workforce Projects. In the blog I'll show how to use Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS to create a high level view of an existing Workforce Project. Give the blog a read, then come here to discuss it.

17 Replies
MikeKolody
New Contributor II

ARe there any plans to incorporate a calendar or gant chart view to Workforce for ArcGIS?  We want to implement for assigning staff to specific projects, but need a graphic view that will let us see available staff and move staff from one assignment to another within a calendar view similar to Outlook for example.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike,

We do not have any plans for this type of capability at this time.

My suggestion would be to add this to the Ideas site; if others have the same requests that will help us to prioritize this capability.

thanks,

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

Found this interesting.    Is there a way to show the assignments assigned to a worker or the inverse.    The Workers who have no assignments?    We are using workforce to assign fire incidents at a golf tournament and it would be nice to be able to see those crew members who did not have any assignments.     In workforce you can sort by assignment load,  but that link does not seem to be in the web map.    Below is the Workers Tab from WorkForce

Thanks,

Mele

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mele,

Yes, by configuring actions between the Workers and Assignments layers you can create some pretty powerful and interactive dashboards. For example you could configure a List of Workers. Then you could configure a list of assignments. Then you could add an action to the Category select so that when a worker is selected, it will only show that workers assignments in the list. This could be extended further to filter the other visualizations and map. See below:

I can't think of a way to show the worker load in a dashboard along with the users name. You could create a Serial Chart and groupBy assignments by the "workerId" field. But this doesn't tell you who each workerId is.

0 Kudos
BraulioGalvez1
Esri Contributor

Hi Aaron.

I hope you're very well. I have some questions about New Version of Workforce:

1.- How can I use the same symbology of Assignments of workforce, as icons in the indicators on operation dashboard?

2.- Another question... The assignmentstype is a field type: GUID, this is unconfortable for show in operation dashboard, this types showed with codes (guid)... is possible change this?

Thank you in advance!

Braulio.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Braulio,

The images used there are the SVGs used by Workforce, I'm not sure if those are publicly available but you might be able to convert them from the symbology using the layers.

For the second question, you'll need to create a joined view layer. We provide a script to generate that since it's quite complicated to build. This will join the layers together so you can access the assignment types, workers, and dispatches in a single live layer. workforce-scripts/create_joined_view.md at master · Esri/workforce-scripts · GitHub

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

Aaron,   Thanks for the quick response and giving me some ideas of where to go next.     Is the Worker ID something that we could see in the Workers data?    I guess what I am wondering is how the assignments are linked to the Worker This sounds promising and I will look into it more tomorrow.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh sorry, I meant to include that in the previous reply. You will want to map the workers ObjectID field to the Assignments workerId field when configuring the action between the two layers/visualizations.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Mele,

In addition to what Aaron's outlined, I'd also suggest taking a look at the schema doc for Workforce.

Automate and script Workforce—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

That would address your question on:

Is the Worker ID something that we could see in the Workers data?

Craig