Assignment Polygons

06-10-2021 09:01 AM
GISPro1
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a field operations solution that involves sending workers to parcels.  I have Field Maps set up with an accompanying dashboard, now I'd like to provide a dispatcher with the ability to assign workers to a set of parcels. 

When a worker opens an assignment in Workforce and clicks the "Open in Field Maps" button, Field Maps does in fact open, however, no feature is highlighted; it is just centered on the map display on the mobile device.  It's critical that the in-progress assignment select the corresponding parcel in Field Maps.  Is there a workaround for this functionality at this time? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

Is the assignment related to 1 parcel or more than 1 parcel?

While not supported OOTB there is a way to configure this if the relationship between the assignment and parcel is 1 to 1.  It will involve storing the GlobalID for the parcel on the assignment feature, in say the WorkOrderID field or one you add to the Assignments layer.  You will then need to hand edit the url Workforce uses to open Field Maps.

Let me know if this works for you, I can provide more detailed steps.

Craig

GISPro1
New Contributor III

Hey Craig!  Did you have a chance to detail out those steps?

0 Kudos
GISPro1
New Contributor III

Hey Craig,

Yes, the assignment to parcel ratio is 1 to 1.  Please send the more detailed steps and I'll give it a go!

Thank you!
Jason

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jason,

In order to make this work you'll need to store the GlobalID of the Parcel on the Assignment.  There's a few ways you can do this:

1. If you're familiar with Python, you can write a script to create the assignments from the parcels and store the GlobalID of the Parcel in an existing Workforce field or one you've added.
  2. If not, the way to do this in Workforce OOTB is as follows:
    1. Configure pop-up of the Parcel to be the GlobalID
    2. When an assignment is created from the Parcel in the Workforce Dispatcher app, the pop-up title is used to set the Location of the assignment. So, in your case, the GlobalID will be used.
    3. You can chose to keep the location as the GlobalID. We have other users who have done this and while limiting, it has worked for them.
    4. You can now configure the app integration between Workforce and the app - here's an example:
      1. https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app?referenceContext=updateFeature&featureID=${assignment.location}&itemID=...
      2. You'll have to replace the url above with your own values
    5. Add this to the AssignmentIntegrations table in your Workforce project
      1. The easiest way to do this is to add an integration through the Workforce web to Field Maps
      2. Go to the Workforce service item details page and select the AssignmentIntegrations table
      3. Click the Data tab and make sure the AssignmentIntegrations table is selected in the dropdown in the upper left
      4. Double click URL Template field and you can paste in your url.  I attached a screenshot of one of my projects.Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 10.27.20 AM.png
    6. You can read more about the url scheme for Field Maps here.

Any questions - please let me know.

Craig

GISPro1
New Contributor III

Thanks Craig.  Would you happen to have a few minutes to hop on a call to troubleshoot my execution of these steps?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

sure, contact me at cgillgrass@esri.com and we can find a date/time that works.

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been tasked with creating an app to collect workforce assignment locations which includes a few polygon features and then assign them to an outside organization. I have configured a field maps app that allows workers in my organization to collect these locations and have them automatically populate in workforce. Is it possible to display the polygons in the workforce app along with the assignment point locations and then have the polygons disappear like the points do once the work has been marked as complete? I don't fully understand why you have integrated the app with field maps but if that will work for my scenario I would be more than happy to give it a try!

0 Kudos