Append survey123 points to workforce assignments

10-16-2018 07:39 AM
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Looking to append my existing survey123 points automatically to workforce as assignments. Can this be done without Python?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Have any examples/code?

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Can workforce start via a URL? Similar to how Survey123 has a unique URL for each survey

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Joe,

No, Workforce does not currently have a url scheme to support launching Workforce and opening a particular assignment. That is in our backlog, but is not assigned for a release.

Craig

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Hi Craig,

Actually I was referring to opening the website app, not the field app. I want to open the website app via a URL so that a dispatcher can dispatch without navigating manually to the website. All they have to do is hit the link and it bring them to the dispatch website. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Joe,

Yes, you can open the Workforce web app through a URL, e.g.:
https://workforce.arcgis.com/projects/<GUID for your project>/dispatch/assignments

Craig

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Seems to bring me to the main workforce page

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Joe,

It works for me; you might want to see if you're signed in - which would be one reason you're redirected to the sign-in page.

If it doesn't redirect you after signing in - you should log an issue with Technical Support as you may be encountering a bug.

Craig

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

After logging in, it brings me to my workforce projects page. Then I have to click "open" on my project. The desired workflow is like something like this:

-User clicks on link

-Bring them to AGOL login screen

-After login it brings them directly to the workforce project so they can start dispatching work

Thanks

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Joe,

Yes, I agree - as it's not working for you, I suggest contacting Technical Support so they can reproduce and log an issue or attach you to an existing issue so you can be made aware of the progress of it.

We're working on the next release Workforce now - will look at getting this addressed in it.

Craig

0 Kudos
ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Simplest way would be to build your survey based on the assignments layer that was created for you workforce project - see link below. That way any submitted survey record directly creates a new assignment within workforce.

Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos