Adding new fields to the Project auto-created Assignments layer

Jump to solution
06-13-2022 06:31 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Are there going to be adverse effects if I add in three more fields the Assignments layer? I read in the documentation somewhere deleting layers or changing field names will cause syncing errors. I wasn't sure if this was true for adding in new fields as well. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does it make a difference which option I pick for deleting/recreating the area or pressing update or does it need to be a full delete map area?

You should re-create the offline area, this will delete it and create a new one.

Is it correct that only one offline area can be on the downloaded device at a time unlike in Field Maps where you can have multiple managed offline areas? Is this schedule to change in a future update?

This  is correct, only one map offline area is supported in Workforce. There are no plans to change this for Workforce but as we consider building work management capabilities into Field Maps, this limitation may be re-considered.

Offline areas can only be created via the web, not by the mobile worker like you can in Field Maps?

When you tap to open the project it should automatically take the worker webmap offline, with or without a pre-planned area.

A window comes up for me to choose which point I want to get more info on. I then click in that window on the point I want more details about and the app crashes.

I'm sorry you're running into this. I'll DM you with some ideas.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Generally, this should be okay. The recommended approach would be to delete any offline areas in the mobile app and any pre-planned offline areas. Then add the new fields to your layers. Then create new offline areas. If you don't create new offline areas, the mobile workers won't have access to the new fields.

elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User , Thanks for your reply. Does it make a difference which option I pick for deleting/recreating the area or pressing update or does it need to be a full delete map area? 

elpinguino_0-1655234815140.png

Still new to Workforce so have some basic questions. I read through the documentation, but want to double check. Is it correct that only one offline area can be on the downloaded device at a time unlike in Field Maps where you can have multiple managed offline areas? Is this schedule to change in a future update?

Offline areas can only be created via the web, not by the mobile worker like you can in Field Maps?

I've added in the new fields, removed the offline map and recreated it. I can see it on the mobile app, click on the project and see the offline area. I click on the map area where there are a few points. A window comes up for me to choose which point I want to get more info on. I then click in that window on the point I want more details about and the app crashes.

I'm using:

• 22.1.1, 310
  • Galaxy Tab S6 Lite and Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro LTE Rugged Tablet

I just recently installed the app. I don't have this issue however on my Samsung 8.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does it make a difference which option I pick for deleting/recreating the area or pressing update or does it need to be a full delete map area?

You should re-create the offline area, this will delete it and create a new one.

Is it correct that only one offline area can be on the downloaded device at a time unlike in Field Maps where you can have multiple managed offline areas? Is this schedule to change in a future update?

This  is correct, only one map offline area is supported in Workforce. There are no plans to change this for Workforce but as we consider building work management capabilities into Field Maps, this limitation may be re-considered.

When you tap to open the project it should automatically take the worker webmap offline, with or without a pre-planned area.

A window comes up for me to choose which point I want to get more info on. I then click in that window on the point I want more details about and the app crashes.

I'm sorry you're running into this. I'll DM you with some ideas.