Accessing Assignment types from an Assignments View in a collector map

Jump to solution
04-27-2021 09:27 PM
Brady
by
New Contributor III

In classic workforce, we used to be able to use collector for other field workers to add new assignments for the despatchers. This was simple and the fieldworker could easily choose the type of assignment from the drop-down list.

With the new workforce and the changes made to assignment types etc not using the objectID and instead, their respective global IDs, those values are no longer attainable. Fieldworkers now get presented only with a dropdown for the 'Priority field'. It is not feasible for field workers to access a txt file with all the globalID's for each of the assignment types and copy/paste that into the dialog. 

How do I get the values to parse so it's actually useful? I can do arcade expressions for the desktop but fieldmaps and collector don't recognise that.

Even adding the workforce layers into a map doesn't parse the assignment type values. It only works in the desktop app now.

I don't want to go into the parent workforce featureclass and start adding domain values. I am sure that would break things.

I am not sure if I can get related tables to parse the values either.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Brady 

We have a blog that walks through the process for this with the new ArcGIS Workforce schema.

We recommend using Feature Templates for each Assignment Type in your Workforce project.

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Brady 

We have a blog that walks through the process for this with the new ArcGIS Workforce schema.

We recommend using Feature Templates for each Assignment Type in your Workforce project.

Craig

Brady
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Craig, I will give that shot. Thanks.

Sounds a bit like the featuretemplate structure we needed to use back in ArcMap 9.1 etc when wanting to use a toughbook in the field.

I was already doing that with one entry that was a TBA assignment type as a placeholder for despatchers.🙂

0 Kudos