Worker notification when assignment is assigned to them.

10-27-2016 05:46 AM
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

I think it would be very beneficial if the worker received an alert or notification from the application that work as been assigned to them.  This would be very helpful for workers that do not have the application open.  This would eliminate calls or emails from the dispatcher telling the workers that they have been assigned work. 

4 Comments
ClarkLangridge

I'd also add, as a refinement, that there be a setting for how frequently or when these notifications are sent out.  I can see this scenario: a supervisor is assigning out a whole bunch of new work that has come in, so the field staff are getting notifications every two minutes because a new item has been assigned to them.  As someone who use to do field work, if that was happening to me while I was working, I'd end up disabling or turning off the notifications because it was driving me crazy.

DillonAdmin

It would also be useful to add the WorkForce status icon to the notification bar when new assignments are received and possibly the ability to see previews of assignments when pulled down.

UlfBecker

Dan - Would you consider a notification via email or text message which is auto-generated by Workforce (as an optional feature) as covering your need.  That is something that I think would benefit us and many other organizations.  Curious if that is what you had in mind.

TorstenSchramm

We use this tool to notify the workers via email. Send email notifications - Crowdsource Manager | ArcGIS Solutions for State Government 

works perfectly for us.