Callback between Survey123 and Workforce

04-25-2018 07:14 AM
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

We would like to see a callback between Survey123 and Workforce so that when a user submits as Survey123 form, the callback will 'Finish' the Workforce assignment with the Workforce WorkorderID key value provided by the Survey123 callback.

Thanks for consideration and I can expand on the idea if needed.

Thanks,

- Jake

Tags (1)
7 Comments
DelaereMickael

Hello,

nice idea,

the "finish" task button in the mobile worker view should be disabled until the survey123 form has been submitted.

by Anonymous User

That's also the enhancement we are looking for.

BrianPumo1

This enhancement would help my workflow as well.  Currently, there is no method of validation to ensure Workforce assignments are not completed / closed out until all necessary information is submitted.  Conversely, field workers can submit the desired information through Collector or Survey123 integrations and forget to flip back to Workforce and complete the assignment, leading to confusion as to what's truly completed and what's not.  

If it's not too far off-topic, it would also be a significant improvement to have a cleaner, more up-front way of launching the integrated survey form rather than looking in the overflow menu.

ChaimSchwartz4

That would be a great enhancement.

JonasRugtvedt

This is an improvement that would be highly beneficial in our projects.

We have a webhook at the end of a Survey123, that updates the status of features. When users forget to fill out the survey, the webhook is not triggered. We therefore have a python script that checks the status of assignment and triggers the webhook if needed, but since the survey contains other important information, this is not ideal.

If would therefore be great to have way to make the users fill out a survey, before being able to complete the assignment.

Kevin_Thompson

Hello All,

I thought I would put this here as it seems this will be implemented soon as it is in the Beta Program:

https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/article/item.html?cap=e69ef91f45744b98882c651f7b518eb7&arttype...

Enjoy!

RobertAnderson3

The URL parameters update mentioned above is fantastic, it helps open Survey123 easily. I don't know if it's possible to set it up to return a value to Workforce though?

Even just having it pass back the GlobalID of the Survey123 form that was submitted would be phenomenal because then I can link that data directly in another table.

The simpler idea I had come looking for or to suggest is simply in that Advanced menu where you set up the integrations, add a check box for it to add the "callback=https://workforce.arcgis.app" piece instead of having to go into the table and add it manually (which I only discovered I could do today) but this idea takes it to a whole extra (wonderful) level.