[Error] Workflow Manager is not licensed!

Jump to solution
03-29-2021 10:53 PM
parksh
by
New Contributor II

I currently tried to configure the Workflow Manager Server in my ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.

The installation of the Workflow Manager was finished well, but the server doesn't recognize the license.

As shown on below image, I have the Workflow Manager license, and it authorized on my server.

workflowManager.png

But, when I tried to change the server role as Workflow Manager, below error was occurred.

changeServer Role.png

Also, there is an error message related with the license in the workflow manager server logs.

applicationLogs.png

Does anyone know similar issue like this case?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hello,

From looking at your first screen shot, it looks like you are currently licensed for the Workflow Manager for Server Classic extension and not the new service driven Workflow Manager Server product. This is why you are received the errors regarding not being licensed.

Workflow Manager Server requires both an ArcGIS Portal user type extension license and the Workflow Manager Server role. You can work with your Account Manager to have the existing Classic license converted to Workflow Manager Server licensing if you wish.

I also wanted to let you know that you can change ArcGIS Server role in your ArcGIS Portal rather than Server Administrator. You would login to your Portal and go to Organization > Settings > Servers and set the Workflow Manager Server role there. I've included a link below to a Getting Started video for more information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF0RtIRZPHg 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hello,

From looking at your first screen shot, it looks like you are currently licensed for the Workflow Manager for Server Classic extension and not the new service driven Workflow Manager Server product. This is why you are received the errors regarding not being licensed.

Workflow Manager Server requires both an ArcGIS Portal user type extension license and the Workflow Manager Server role. You can work with your Account Manager to have the existing Classic license converted to Workflow Manager Server licensing if you wish.

I also wanted to let you know that you can change ArcGIS Server role in your ArcGIS Portal rather than Server Administrator. You would login to your Portal and go to Organization > Settings > Servers and set the Workflow Manager Server role there. I've included a link below to a Getting Started video for more information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF0RtIRZPHg 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jonathan