Cannot create new job using the javascript web sample

Jump to solution
12-03-2014 12:21 AM
ahmed_adelmohamed
New Contributor II

Hello everybody , I need help on 2 issues :

1- I have a problem when creating new job from web javascript template as this message appears:

Error

Unable to create job

Unable to load proxy/proxy.ashx?http://win-bk427x0xww5:6080/arcgis/rest/services/Majan/MJECWorkflowManagerService/WMServer/jobs/crea... status: 500

but I create job normally from Arcgis Workflow manager (Desktop)

2- if I want to build web Arcgis workflow manager : what should I do and how to start it , and if there is any samples it will be very usefull for me.

Thanks in advanced and waiting for your support ASAP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ahmed_adelmohamed
New Contributor II

Many Thanks for Mr. Michael and for Mr. Tope

I really appropriate your kind reply , all what you said were right but the problem was at ASP.NET for .Net framework version 4.0

I solved the problem by going to this Folded : C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

and open CMD and install this file as shown at CMD :

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319> aspnet_regiis.exe -i

then restart the server , so it solved and I could create new job

Now I have 2 question please :

1- my base map Projected Coordinate System is : WGS_1984_UTM_Zone_40N and as shown at the arcgis web workflow manager  javascript ,the projected coordinate system is webMercatorUtils , so the map dose not appears.

how to convert the map spatial reference to my coordinate system ??

2- I want to know how to add attachment to the job after while or after create it throw the Arcgis web workflow manager ,it is very important to for my project to add attachment to the job using the web.

Waiting for your kind respond

Thanks in advance

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ahmed,

In the main folder for the viewer sample there should be a folder called proxy, if you open it up and open proxy.config you can setup your server where it says "<!-- NOTE: replace "myserver" with your server name and uncomment the XML lines below -->" follow the instructions. I would also try a different web browser to confirm the issue.

For your second item, we provide the sample viewers as a way of getting better acquainted with using Workflow Manager Server services. I would start from there and with our help that comes with Server C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\WMX\Server10.2. If you have any specific questions we'd be happy to contact you and demo/review anything you're interested in to help start-up.

Thanks,

Michael

TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I will try to answer your questions as best as I can since I don’t know how your environment is setup.

Follow this link to learn how to setup a workflow manager server service

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//003800000031000000

Once you have a service up and running, you will update the configuration of the web application you want to deploy.

The latest web application can be downloaded here - https://github.com/esri/workflowmanager-viewer-js

There are also instructions on how to deploy this at this location.

After reviewing these steps, let me know if you still have concerns.

Thanks,

Tope

ahmed_adelmohamed
New Contributor II

Many Thanks for Mr. Michael and for Mr. Tope

I really appropriate your kind reply , all what you said were right but the problem was at ASP.NET for .Net framework version 4.0

I solved the problem by going to this Folded : C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

and open CMD and install this file as shown at CMD :

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319> aspnet_regiis.exe -i

then restart the server , so it solved and I could create new job

Now I have 2 question please :

1- my base map Projected Coordinate System is : WGS_1984_UTM_Zone_40N and as shown at the arcgis web workflow manager  javascript ,the projected coordinate system is webMercatorUtils , so the map dose not appears.

how to convert the map spatial reference to my coordinate system ??

2- I want to know how to add attachment to the job after while or after create it throw the Arcgis web workflow manager ,it is very important to for my project to add attachment to the job using the web.

Waiting for your kind respond

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos