Why has the autorun tool been removed from the Job View of Workflow Manager at 10.1?

Jump to solution
03-05-2015 09:51 AM
AlisonGaiser1
Occasional Contributor

We are finally starting an upgrade from Workflow Manager 10.0 to Workflow Manager 10.2.2. As we began the migration of our first workflow, we noticed that the autorun tool is no longer available from the Job View in Workflow Manager. It appears that this was removed at 10.1. Can anyone tell me why it was removed and if there is some way to work around this? Our clients used this to run through a number of steps that took no interaction but had to be defined as individual steps.

ArcGIS Desktop - this help shows the tool at the bottom of the web page

ArcGIS Help 10.1  - this is the same help but as you can see it is no longer there.

Thanks,

Alison

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Alison,

The auto run tool has been replaced by the run tool. When you run a step, we check if it is set to run multiple steps and just run the tools.

We hoped that this will reduce confusions on when to use the "double play"/"autorun" tool or the run tool.

I hope you find using the new behavior more intuitive!

Thanks,

Tope

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TopeBello

Hi Alison,

The auto run tool has been replaced by the run tool. When you run a step, we check if it is set to run multiple steps and just run the tools.

We hoped that this will reduce confusions on when to use the "double play"/"autorun" tool or the run tool.

I hope you find using the new behavior more intuitive!

Thanks,

Tope

AlisonGaiser1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Tope.

There is still some confusion with our users on what happens when they push the play button versus when they right-click on a step and select run step. Hopefully we will be able to educate them.

Alison

0 Kudos
TopeBello

Hi Alison,

Thanks for the feedback!

The right click option is more of a convenient tool/user experience if people don't want to move back and forth between the execution tools at the top.

However, we can think about better ways of presenting these tools to the user in a future release.

Thanks,

Tope

0 Kudos