Problems upgrading JTX 9.3.1 database to WMX 10

08-11-2010 06:12 AM
EgilSyre
New Contributor II
Has anyone had problems upgrading their JTX database to WMX? We get an error with the log entry ???Upgrade failed: The index passed was not within the valid range???, which is not very useful...
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

This usually an indication that you have a corrupt job type and/or workflow in the your existing repository. At 10, the job type and the workflow are stored in separate tables. So we have to extract your workflow from your job type and import the workflow XML into the workflow table.
I think this is where it is failing.
Did you have a job type that was causing issues (throwing errors) prior to your upgrade? You can try to create different jobs from every job type you have in your repository and view the workflow for these jobs in the application. This might help narrow down the issue better.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Tope
0 Kudos
EgilSyre
New Contributor II
Hi, that was precisely our problem. Some corrupt records in some of the JTX tables caused the error, with a null-values in the jobid-field. We deleted these manually, and then it all worked fine. Thanks:-)

Hi,

This usually an indication that you have a corrupt job type and/or workflow in the your existing repository. At 10, the job type and the workflow are stored in separate tables. So we have to extract your workflow from your job type and import the workflow XML into the workflow table.
I think this is where it is failing.
Did you have a job type that was causing issues (throwing errors) prior to your upgrade? You can try to create different jobs from every job type you have in your repository and view the workflow for these jobs in the application. This might help narrow down the issue better.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Tope
0 Kudos