How to pass [JOB:ID] to my geoprocessing tool

09-05-2010 11:27 PM
HelenYang
New Contributor II
Hi,

I have created a new version in my data entry work flow. The ArcMap can open with the version switched to the new version. I need to identify the features created or updated in this version to derive additional attribute values using a model in the next.

I am not sure how to find those features in the edited version.

One way is to set the jobid as the default value. How can I pass the jobid and set the default value through workflow steps?

thanks

Helen
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

The job Id can be passed in by using tokens that will substitute the value at runtime when the step is executed. For the purpose of what you are trying to do, you will have to define a Geoprocessing model and expose the parameter (string) that will contain your job ID.

Link to model parameters

Now open JTX administrator/configuration manager and add a new step type CustomStep > LaunchGPTool.
Using the argument editor on the step type, you can use the GUI to browse to the GP model that you created above
Once you have picked the GP model, the model parameters will be exposed in the argument editor GUI.
You should see your Job ID parameter there. Enter [JOB:ID] as the default value
Add this step to your workflow

When you run this workflow step in JTX, it will swap out the token for the current job's ID.

Let me know if you need more information on this.

Thanks,
Tope
0 Kudos
HelenYang
New Contributor II
Hi,

The job Id can be passed in by using tokens that will substitute the value at runtime when the step is executed. For the purpose of what you are trying to do, you will have to define a Geoprocessing model and expose the parameter (string) that will contain your job ID.

Tope

thanks Tope,

You help is great. My model is working.

Helen
0 Kudos