How to decipher the information in the WMX Logs

Jump to solution
05-26-2015 11:44 AM
AlisonGaiser1
Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing some problems with our map documents and before we start bugging technical support, we have turned up the logging and are trying to read the information in the log files.

Our current issue is that when we launch ArcMap the application does not seem to switch to the users' version.

When I look in the WMX logs I see

Looping through maps to change versions...

2015-May-26 14:00:35.313 Level: 5 Map at index 0...

2015-May-26 14:00:35.353 Level: 5 Entering RepointSourceToCurrentVersion...

2015-May-26 14:00:35.364 Level: 5 Performing version repoint only

2015-May-26 14:00:35.383 Level: 5 Looping through map document's layers to find origin version...

2015-May-26 14:00:35.404 Level: 5 Layer is feature layer...

2015-May-26 14:00:35.421 Level: 5 Extracting out feature class and original dataset workspace...

2015-May-26 14:00:35.435 Level: 5 It's a remote workspace...

2015-May-26 14:00:35.461 Level: 5 Checking IsSameConnection with SourceConnection: INSTANCE=sde:oracle$sde:oracle11g:egisxxx DBCLIENT=oracle, DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=sde:oracle11g:egisxxx, PROJECT_INSTANCE=SDE, IS_GEODATABASE=true, AUTHENTICATION_MODE=DBMS, USER=xxx, CONNPROP-REV=Rev2.0, VERSION=SDE.DEFAULT,  AND DestConnection: INSTANCE=sde:oracle$sde:oracle11g:egisxxx, DBCLIENT=oracle, DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=sde:oracle11g:egisxxx, PROJECT_INSTANCE=SDE, IS_GEODATABASE=true, AUTHENTICATION_MODE=DBMS, USER=yyy, CONNPROP-REV=Rev2.0, VERSION=yyy.WMX_arg_AddressEdits_993,

2015-May-26 14:00:35.486 Level: 5 IsSameConnection returing with Exceptions = 3

I would like to find is a document showing what the Exceptions mean? In some of my other log files I get Exceptions = 7, so it would be useful to find out what these numbers mean.

Can someone point me towards some documentation? I have been through the SDK but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks,

Alison

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinBedel
Esri Contributor

Hi Alison,

The exception code refers to what the differences are between the source and target feature class or table:

1 - User is different

2 - Version is different

3 - User and Version are different

4 - Database is different

5 - Database and User are different

6 - Database and Version are different

7 - Database, User, and Version are all different

I hope this helps.

Kevin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KevinBedel
Esri Contributor

Hi Alison,

The exception code refers to what the differences are between the source and target feature class or table:

1 - User is different

2 - Version is different

3 - User and Version are different

4 - Database is different

5 - Database and User are different

6 - Database and Version are different

7 - Database, User, and Version are all different

I hope this helps.

Kevin

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

Can you tell me how to create such a log file/turn on this logging functionality? I cannot find any documentation on it. Thank you!

0 Kudos
KOliver
New Contributor II

Hi Tobias

Here is a link to enabling the WMX Advanced Settings to show the logging information as described above:

Workflow Manager Advanced Settings—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

You need to bump your "Log Level" up to "5" in order to see the log as displayed at the top of this thread.

Hope this helps!  Kim