How to configure Workflow Manager Server 'Manage' page map view to show custom base map?

01-10-2023 01:34 AM
EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I am working on a 10.9.1 arcgis server HA set up, where the ArcGIS hosted servers 1 & 2 and Workflow Manager Server are installed on 3 different machines. All 3 servers have already been federated to 1 portal.

I have set the default base map in my portal to a custom base map, but this is not being retrieved by Workflow Manager Server. In Workflow Manager Server, the map view is constantly trying to call the Esri online map and failing, which is an expected behaviour since we have configured the system on an intranet. This results in the map view being stuck perpetually loading.  

workflowmap.png

workflowmap1.png

Is there a way to make Workflow Manager Server fetch the custom base map that we have configured in the portal? 

p.s., the base map loads when I visualise any web feature layers on the portal using the "Map Viewer".

Thanks!

Update 1: It appears that the map view in the Workflow Manager Server map view will not show the base map options icon (as well as the "Manage Layers" and "Toggle Legend" option) as it is configured to only show those additional options if it is able to display a base map.  However, as the map is constantly stuck at a loading state, the option to change the base map to the ones I have uploaded into my portal will not appear. Is this expected behavior?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ranga_Tolapi
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi Ranga,

Thanks for the link. I tried the solution presented in it but my Workflow Manager web app did not load after I changed the config JSON file. I've attached the screenshots below:

EvaTTA_0-1674613550743.png

EvaTTA_1-1674613584174.png

btw, I also tried out 3 diff variations of how to type the mapItemID, including:

- "<item_id>"

- "<item_id>. (this is how it was written in the url you provided) 

all 3 variations of writing the item ID in this config file still resulted in the same error as seen in the screenshot of the browser above. I took the mapItemID from the map item's portal URL:

EvaTTA_2-1674613773155.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ranga_Tolapi

Hi Eva,

In the appconfig.json, comma was missing after the text "warn", refer to below screenshot. Try adding a comma, restart Workflow Manager Server windows service and check.

Ranga_Tolapi_0-1674615817783.png

0 Kudos
EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi Ranga,

thanks for the quick response! I added the comma and workflow manager web app was able to load the config file with the new map item ID added. However, it seems like my workflow manager web app is still trying to fetch the arcgis online base map.

EvaTTA_0-1674618809149.png

Do I have to disable Portal from trying to fetch from the arcgis online services?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Ranga_Tolapi

@EvaTTA, suggest to restart all the components of ArcGIS Enterprise, clear the browser cache and check again.

Is Workflow Manager on HA (High-Availability)?

0 Kudos
EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi Ranga,

I have restarted all the components of ArcGIS enterprise and cleared the browser cache. However, the problem still persists and workflow manager web app is still trying to fetch the ArcGIS online map. 

The workflow manager is not on HA but it is installed on a different machine from portal (where portal is installed in machine 1 while ArcGIS server and workflow manager server is installed in machine 2).

Other things i have done in the meantime include turning the portal's content configuration to 'false' and changing the AGO-related settings in the portal's config JS file (accessed from portal's installation location: D:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\customizations\10.9.1\framework\webapps\arcgis#home\js\arcgisonline) to 'false'. 

EvaTTA_0-1674629941196.png

EvaTTA_1-1674630071793.png

Thanks for the assistance, really appreciate it.

0 Kudos