Error when attaching file in Workflow Manager step!

07-13-2021 12:56 AM
isalim
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi!

I am currently testing a workflow in Workflow Manager web app and came across this error in one of the Add Attachment steps when attaching a ZIP (.zip) file containing a list of scanned documents in PDF.

Add Attachment step error.Add Attachment step error.

When configuring the step, I have applied restrictions on what file formats are allowed as input.

File format restrictions when configuring Add Attachment step.File format restrictions when configuring Add Attachment step.

Any idea what went wrong?

The Add Attachment step prior to this one had no issues whatsoever when it asks to add shapefiles in ZIP format.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
isalim
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Is there perhaps a limit on the size of the file allowed to be attached? I tried attaching another ZIP file and 7z file (less than 20 KB each) and it was successful. I get the error when trying to attach a 25 MB ZIP file.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The following may be related.

If you chose Embedded and a MAXBLOBSIZE error message appears, it means that the file size is too large for the database. Contact your database administrator to increase the file size limit (maxblobsize), or use the Linked or URL option instead.

View and manage attachments 

Think Location
0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi @isalim 

When you get the error, can you take a look at your browser's devtools window and the Workflow Manager Server logs and see what errors are there?

The information mentioned above by @JayantaPoddar is for Workflow Manager Classic so it wouldn't be applicable here. The service-driven architecture stores attachments within ArcGIS Data Store so you won't have control to change those database level settings.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
isalim
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @JFarmer 

Sorry for taking some time to get back to you.

Here is the only log messages after the error:

isalim_1-1627614368389.png

These are the error messages from the browser's devtools window:

isalim_2-1627614479532.png

Any idea on what I should do to solve this?

Irvan

0 Kudos
isalim
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @JFarmer 

I think I didn't get the right level of error previously. The errors below are more relevant to the action I am trying to do and it might lead to confirm my hypothesis about the file being attached is too large.

isalim_3-1627616385319.png

Is there a limit on how big of a file that can be attached in WM Web App? Is there any way to change the size limit?

Irvan

0 Kudos
isalim
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

@JFarmer 

After a series of my own testing, it seems that files with the size of around 10 MB seem to pose no errors. Is this the limit for attaching files in WM?

Irvan

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

@isalim I will look into this further and get back with you.

In the meantime, if you need larger attachments, there are the linked attachment and URL attachment options to utilize as well.

Jonathan

0 Kudos