ArcGIS Workflow Manager - Creating multiple Child Jobs from a Single Parent Job

11-09-2022 09:07 PM
SarthakBhatia1
New Contributor II

Hi,

So I have been working with ArcGIS Workflow Manager for Desktop (Classic) version for long and recently I switched to ArcGIS Workflow Manager Server on Enterprise 11.

In the classic version we had the ability to build multiple child jobs from a single parent job however I am unable to build a similar workflow in the Workflow Manager for Server.

What I actually need to do is that, I have an Inventory sheet in the form of an excel file with multiple records. Based on the category of these records, I need to assign the tasks further to the team Managers so that they can distribute the tasks to their team members. So in a way, I need to cascade this task assignment and create multiple child jobs originating from one parent job.

I tried with the Advanced Assignment Job Type but it is unsuccessful. Additionally, is there a way, I can read that excel and actually use that to give the administrator an interface to select the tasks to be assigned to a specific user.

Now I can work with geoprocessing but I am trying to limit that as much as possible.

0 Kudos
0 Replies