Append jobName to URL

Jump to solution
01-20-2023 08:43 AM
bbaker_tngeo
New Contributor III

I have posted a related question here but I am trying to launch Field Maps from an email. I have an Arcade expression in the email body that works when I preview it with an existing job, passing the JobName to the URL scheme.

'<a href="https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app/?referenceContext=search&itemID=b1faf7d5e8514e56b793759b608847da&search=' + JobName($job) + '">Open in Field Maps</a>

However, after I save it and try to create a new job in Workflow Manager, this is what the expression looks like after saving, and the email is no longer formatted the way it needs to be to pass the parameter into the URL. Are there limitations to a URL scheme when working with HTML?

'<a href="https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app/?referenceContext=search&itemID=b1faf7d5e8514e56b793759b608847da&search='%20+%20JobName%28$Job%29%20+%20'">Open in Field Maps</a>'

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbaker_tngeo
New Contributor III

I posted this solution to the post I linked to above, but for the sake of closure I wanted to share below a workaround that I found that suffices (in some cases, depending on email client):

I was able to create the desired URL with the jobName appended to the end of a text string. However, I did not use the <a></a> tags. Rather, I just constructed the URL using text and the jobName($job) dynamic job properties. Outlook will recognize the text as a hyperlink. The Email app on Android does not recognize the text as a clickable hyperlink, but it does on the mobile Outlook app. I don't have an Apple device to test, but depending on the use case, this might be sufficient for users.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
bbaker_tngeo
New Contributor III

I posted this solution to the post I linked to above, but for the sake of closure I wanted to share below a workaround that I found that suffices (in some cases, depending on email client):

I was able to create the desired URL with the jobName appended to the end of a text string. However, I did not use the <a></a> tags. Rather, I just constructed the URL using text and the jobName($job) dynamic job properties. Outlook will recognize the text as a hyperlink. The Email app on Android does not recognize the text as a clickable hyperlink, but it does on the mobile Outlook app. I don't have an Apple device to test, but depending on the use case, this might be sufficient for users.