Why is my header controller moving in Web App Builder?

Jump to solution
12-21-2017 01:10 PM
AliciaNewberry
New Contributor III

I've been having a weird issue going on with a web application over the past couple of weeks. The application is built with the web app builder and takes advantage of the header controller to organize widgets. Lately, the widgets associated with the header controller won't show up in the correct place when viewing the application (see screenshot). They move to the middle of the page instead of the top right corner, and are incredibly difficult to see because they are white on a mostly white background when this happens so people can't find them.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? It seems to be a relatively new thing, possibly corresponding with the latest ArcGIS Online update. If so, what is the fix?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AliciaNewberry
New Contributor III

Update: After contacting ESRI technical support, I found out this is a bug. I am using the Jewelry Box theme, so the only workaround it seems would be to change themes.

BUG-000110444
Synopsis: Widgets are not visible during the initial launch of a Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS application using the Jewelry Box and Foldable theme.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alicia,

So this is a AGOL host WAB app?

0 Kudos
AliciaNewberry
New Contributor III

Yes, this is hosted in AGOL.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alicia,

Then your only course of action is to call esri tech support.

KelleyAllen
New Contributor II

I have this exact same issue. I have not found any answers either. But I'm glad to see its not only us. 

0 Kudos
AliciaNewberry
New Contributor III

Update: After contacting ESRI technical support, I found out this is a bug. I am using the Jewelry Box theme, so the only workaround it seems would be to change themes.

BUG-000110444
Synopsis: Widgets are not visible during the initial launch of a Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS application using the Jewelry Box and Foldable theme.