Why does my embedded Web App function on Google Chrome but not Safari and Firefox?

Jump to solution
08-17-2017 02:34 PM
KatieHeineman
New Contributor II

Hello!

I am having problems with ArcGIS Online web app that I embedded on a password protected web page built in Weebly. This app has a group filtering widget and several types of layers in including a point layer with about 2000 seed collections and polygon layer with about 1000 plant occurrences. This app functions as expected when viewed on google chrome (Version 60.0.3112.90)  However, when using Safari  (Version 10.1.2 ) the base map appears with no layers or widgets, and when using Firefox (Version 54.0.1) the basemap appears for a few seconds then disappears. I tested deploying the app on a non-password protected page, and had the same issue. Has anyone else experienced differences in app deployment between browsers? 

Thanks,

Katie

12 Replies
mfcallahan
Occasional Contributor II

Unfortunately I do not have access to Esri tech support as this is for a personal project using the free version of AGOL.  I'm stumped by this because it worked fine for months up until Wednesday, then all of the sudden the errors started appearing.  I had made no changes to the web app or map recently.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

It sounds like a change that was made internally in the latest browsers. Probably some security thing.

0 Kudos
KatieHeineman
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone, 

I found out what my the issue was for me (which is likely not the problem for everyone) -- I hadn't made all of the layers of my web map public. This created a confusing situation for me because I could see the web app on Google Chrome because I had logged into ArcGIS Online on that browser. Even if I wasn't logged in Google Chrome at the moment, Google Chrome remembered my cookies, thus making it appear to be a browser issue when it was really a permissions issue. Once I made all the layers public, I was able to view the map from any browser. 

Hope this helps someone else.

Katie