Why do my Web Apps have an extra "Streets" basemap?

05-12-2017 02:06 PM
KeithWitt
New Contributor III

Two Web Mapping Applications that I created in AGOL by inserting web maps into Web AppBuilder are displaying an extra "Streets" basemap in the Basemap Gallery and are using my webmap's thumbnail as the sample image. This did not occur when I made the WebApps last year nor does the extra basemap appear when viewing just the web map. The extra basemap appears on both desktop and mobile clients.

See basemap gallery on the left panel: ArcGIS Web Application

Thoughts? Thanks for looking!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Keith,

This thread seems to have the answer: https://community.esri.com/thread/192735-basemap-gallery-issue#comment-687629 

KeithWitt
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert! I'll follow-up with Jason on that thread. It seems like he's hosting his WebApp and can edit Widget.js while mine is hosted in AGOL and appears un-editable.

Keith

0 Kudos
KeithWitt
New Contributor III

SOLUTION: In Web AppBuilder, change the settings for the Basemap Gallery widget from "Configure custom basemaps" to "Always synchronize with the Basemap Gallery setting of the organization." Changing this setting removed the extra "Streets" basemap. These settings were added to Web AppBuilder sometime after the app was originally created, which may have caused the problem.Configure Basemap Gallery

0 Kudos