Web Mapping Application not working after trying to get Basemap widget to work.

01-30-2019 08:20 AM
ChadFoster1
New Contributor III

I had a functioning web mapping application built in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.  The basemap widget was not displaying any basemaps for users.  I found the following thread, No Basemap Choices in WebAppViewer  and went to the settings and then changed the purpose to "Configurable".  I could not figure out what code to paste into the configuration parameters section.  I changed the purpose back to "Ready to Use" and saved.  Now if I try to view the application, i get this error.  

If I try to edit using Web AppBulider, the page just stays on the loading screen.

What did I do?  and how can I fix it without redoing the entire Web Mapping Application again?  

ArcGIS Web Application 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chad,

The error complains about an unexpected token. so you must have made a syntax error in your change. Go back and double check your json file for syntax errors.

0 Kudos
ChadFoster1
New Contributor III

If I knew how, I would. to my knowledge, I never made any changes.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chad,

So what do you mean when you said

and went to the settings and then changed the purpose to "Configurable".

???

0 Kudos
ChadFoster1
New Contributor III

I went on the Item Details for the Web Mapping Application < Settings < Web Mapping Application through AGOL.

I never put anything in the Configuration Parameters and then just changed back to Ready To Use and saved.

0 Kudos
ChadFoster1
New Contributor III

I am now trying to view the json through ArcGIS Online Assistant, but it is not displaying the code for the Web Mapping Application.  It just keep trying to load

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chad,

Sounds like you need to give esri tech support a call. It sounds like that change has introduced a syntax issue to the items json.

0 Kudos