Web AppBuilder for Developers not properly loading map services

08-06-2015 12:55 PM
SeanDoig
New Contributor II

I have spent the last couple hours trying to resolve this issue using many of the discussions started here, but with no luck.  Here's the problem:

I have a map that I created on AGOL.  It references map services that we have locally.  The path to these services all start with "http://durham...."  That doesn't seem to be a problem for the map or an application I built on AGOL that uses that map.  I can see all the data.

However, I wanted to customize the widgets and the general look of the map so I downloaded WAB for Developers.  When I click the startup.bat file the command window opens and everything looks good.  It also opens a new tab in Chrome with the header Welcome to Web App Builder. It lists an application I created so I could get an AppID and allows me to select Edit.   But, it never successfully loads the application.  Well, it loads the basemap, but not the map I created and the Console has several errors that seem to indicate that requests for the map services are blocked "because the content must be served over HTTPS."

I read at least one discussion that indicated I could address this problem by changing the url in the signininfo.json and config.json files.  I did that, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.  (Here's the link to the thread: Do I need HTTPS to run Web AppBuilder deployed apps? )

Thanks for any help folks can provide.  My apologies if I've not been entirely clear.  This is my first time posting.

Sean

0 Kudos
14 Replies
SeanDoig
New Contributor II

Hmmm...after finally deciding to post my question I almost immediately came across another thread about adding map services to WAB (Re: Adding Map Service to WAB ).  Will read through it all and then mark my question as answered if I can resolve this.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

fyi

Version 1.2 of the Web AppBuilder developer's edition is now available for download

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

0 Kudos
glennhazelton
Occasional Contributor III

there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to replace?upgrade from the previous version to this one.

have you done it?

do i just replace the server and client folders?

and then copy/paste the custom widgets from robert?

do i need to re-register the wab and get a new appid?

seems odd there is so little help.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
glennhazelton

well i gave it a try and got this message

C:\software\arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.2\arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.2\server>node upgr

ade c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WAB

[2015-08-12 09:11:09.810] [INFO] update - Builder folder: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WAB

[2015-08-12 09:11:09.841] [ERROR] app - EPERM, open 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WAB\serv

er\db\apps'

any idea what it means...

there are no entries in the server log for today. but that makes sense as i have stopped the wab service

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

Try launching the command prompt using right click "Run as Administrator". Because you are upgrading from c:\inetpub\wwwroot you will need elevated privileges.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

that worked better

it opened notepad and i could see the script.

no idea if it worked.

no errors this time.

i'll start the service and see if anything has changed.

the client and server folders appear to be the same.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

Right out the gate you should notice a difference when you launch the startup.bat.

Preview.jpg

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

i figured it out i forgot the word 'node' in the string..

it is working now.

thanks so much for  your attention

sorry i missed something so simple.

0 Kudos