Web AppBuilder Dev Edition 2.1, CSS and IE11

08-26-2016 03:25 AM
StephenKing
New Contributor III

Hi, I've developed a couple of applications using Web AppBuilder developer edition and they work fine in Chrome and Firefox, but they do not display properly in IE11. I'm using the Plateau Theme.

Specifically I have noted the following:

• The custom colour for the header bar is not used (e.g. .jimu-main-background), instead it defaults to rgb 218 , 77, 30 (orange).
  • In the layers list, the three black dots to the right of the layer name for the sub-menu do not display.
  • The tab to open and close the Attribute table does not display.

In the Web AppBuilder itself, these display okay - so am I missing something?

Thanks,

Stephen

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stephen,

I just tested all three in IE and it worked fine. See the attached image:

IE 11

0 Kudos
StephenKing
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

When I'm actually using Web Appbuilder it works fine, but when I deploy the application to the web server, the theme seems to default to Plateau Orange in IE, but picks up the customisations okay in Chrome and Firefox.

I'll grab some screen shots to demonstrate.

0 Kudos
StephenKing
New Contributor III

Customisation in Web AppDeveloper Reverts to orange theme in the Web Application

Here are the screen grabs. The first one shows my colour customisation working while in Web AppDeveloper - also the sub menu on layers is working. In the second image from the actual application on the web server, the colours change and other interface elements don't work. It seems as though a style sheet isn't being loaded properly. This only happens in IE and not Chrome or Firefox.

0 Kudos
StephenKing
New Contributor III

OK, have just noticed that it must be some sort of compatibility problem. I think IE is set to be compatible with IE8.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That would definitely be the issue.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do not run the application in compatibility view. It is not supported.

AGOL Supported Browsers

Think Location
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stephen,

My results are the same even when deployed. 

0 Kudos
MuneerMajid
New Contributor II

When you are deploying the app in IIS, try to add a Response Header Tag on your Website and see if this helps at all - 

X-UA-Compatible 
IE=EDGE

0 Kudos
StephenKing
New Contributor III

Unfortunately I think it is a corporate setting that I will need to investigate. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

0 Kudos