Web App Builder is not showing records in attribute table.

Jump to solution
07-02-2015 12:26 PM
PaigeLester1
New Contributor III

I am deploying a web map through the Web App Builder and would like to utilize the Attribute Table widget so that people can view the records and export them. The attribute table works just fine in the web map, but in the WAB Application, no records show in the Attribute Table. This is the

error message I receive.

7-2-2015 3-17-11 PM.gif

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaigeLester1
New Contributor III

Before the unannounced ArcGIS Online updates about a week ago, the following problems existed with the Web App Builder:

1. The problem mentioned above, that the Attribute Table widget would not show records. See error message.

2. Also, the descriptions on my domains were not recognized.

3. The Filter tool in the attribute table was unable to return to all records after being finished executing an initial query.

After the updates, now all of these problems are solved. It's very convenient that ESRI staff contacted this post after the unannounced updates to AGOL.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paige,

If you data has a join then this is a known issue/bug.

0 Kudos
PaigeLester1
New Contributor III

I have domains and subtypes.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paige,

So no joins?.. If this is the case then you should call tech support as this may be a new bug.

LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Hi Paige,

Are you using the ArcGIS Online embedded Web AppBuilder or Developer Edition? Could you share your sample service / web map, or your online app (if using AGOL) that can help us reproduce the problem? The Attribute Table widget does support domains and subtypes.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Paige,

what's the version of your wab?

Could you share the data or the output in console.

0 Kudos
PaigeLester1
New Contributor III

Before the unannounced ArcGIS Online updates about a week ago, the following problems existed with the Web App Builder:

1. The problem mentioned above, that the Attribute Table widget would not show records. See error message.

2. Also, the descriptions on my domains were not recognized.

3. The Filter tool in the attribute table was unable to return to all records after being finished executing an initial query.

After the updates, now all of these problems are solved. It's very convenient that ESRI staff contacted this post after the unannounced updates to AGOL.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paige,

The update to AGOL was actually announced:

What’s Coming in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS in the ArcGIS Online July update | ArcGIS Blog

and here:

When can we expect the July release of Developer Edition WAB?

Sometimes these things are easy to miss though.

PaigeLester1
New Contributor III

Regardless, it would be nice if the problem was addressed before, and if not, then the bugs should also be announced along with the fix that occurred. A lot of proclaimed functionality with AGOL is never fully tested, so that responsibility is placed on the backs of customers. It seems like every update fixes one thing and breaks another. I realize that ESRI software is complicated stuff, and for it to always operate perfectly is not possible. But these issues are not well received by paying customers when they are swept under the rug, and transparency is the last priority. When there are issues, ESRI should own them and make them right. 

SubuSwaminathan1
Occasional Contributor

I second Paige Lester's opinion. Many bugs are basic ones and should have been caught before such updates got rolled out. Such buggy updates with so called new features are very disruptive in a production data collection environment during the peak summer season for field data collection.

Also announcing a July update very late in June is not good enough. A specific date and time has to be announced. AGOL definitely slows down and becomes unusable during such updates.After AGOL and WAB update, production apps have to be tested to see if existing functionality works as expected and if old bugs have been fixed. Even such a release date gets moved for some reason, that is OK. Most AGOL admins will appreciate the scheduling.