Web App Builder for Developers 2.1: Query Widget, run execute button upon pressing enter and or mouse click

08-19-2016 06:47 AM
KyleSchwizer
New Contributor III

Currently have a Web Applications deployed and have been receiving critiques from users.  One of their suggestions was within the query widget instead of having to "click" the green "Execute" button if that could be changed to run once pressing the "Enter" key.  I have been searching everywhere for some sort of discussion that would help me with this task to no avail. I figured  ESRI would have this already built into Web App Builder but that doesnt seem to be the case.  Any help with this on where/how to modify my widgets code in order for this task to be performed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kyle,

Adding something like that would seem to assume that the client will mainly be using a SQL portion of the widget (i.e. entering a value in a input box and pressing enter when that input box has focus will trigger the execute button. Because the widget is quite advanced/complicated, allowing for the user to draw a graphic on the map or have multiple query parameter inputs and dealing with those causes significantly more code consideration. Sometimes a client simple want is seriously complicated.

0 Kudos
KyleSchwizer
New Contributor III

Robert,

Thanks you for your thorough reply.  I  am actually going to implement your Enhanced Search widget that you created. This will give me the result i am looking for when the user is running a search.  With your widget they are able to hit "enter" and execute their search vs the query widget that only has the option of "upon click" to run the search.  This widget is great! There are a lot of other searches we are now capable of running with this custom widget.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kyle,

Glad you like it and it will work for you.

0 Kudos